Why are we here?
World renowned Harvard ecologist and "father of biodiversity", Prof E. O. Wilson, estimates that each year 30,000 species are driven to extinction. That's roughly three species very hour. By comparison, the historic natural background extinction rate is one extinction per every million species per year. More than 7,000 animals, fish and plants joined the queue towards oblivion in the 2019 review of the Red List of Threatened Species - many in the highest threat category of "Critically Endangered", which is just one step away from 'Extinct". Report, after report identifies human behaviour, including, overconsumption, overfishing and deforestation, as the biggest factor in driving species towards the edge. We can easily change the way we interact with nature. We just need to make it a priority. We are the solution!
People for Nature & Peace combines sound science with sincere compassion and offers effective and practical help fast and where it is needed most. We tackle the full spectrum of threats facing nature and animals, whether they affect individuals, populations or species.
Our mission is to preserve the Earth's biodiversity, by promoting the survival of wild species and preserving the ecosystem functions of their natural habitats. We also care about the protection of individual animals and foster kindness and compassionate behaviour towards all life.
- We protect wild areas from poachers, rehabilitate sick and injured animals and provide sanctuary for those who cannot return to the wild.
- We undertakes public awareness and advocacy programmes to counter species extinction and investigates and exposes wildlife crime and animal cruelty.
- We give animals and nature a voice with decision-makers, politicians and businesses, highlight problems, develop and support innovative solutions and do everything in our power to see them implemented.
- We draw attention to the much overlooked link between human population growth, biodiversity loss, resource shortages and peace and promote activities that address them.
- We join forces and support effective conservation and animal welfare champions around the world, so they can continue to do their important work.
If you care about nature, animals and wild places, want to promote kindness and foster responsible stewardship of the Earth, please help us make a difference.
People for Nature & Peace puts nature and animals at the centre of our work, because if there is no nature, there will be no us.
Find out about our goals and objectives.